September 10, 2012

home sweet home

Home is where the heart is, right? What do you think they mean by "the heart"? A lover? A family? Or does it mean the place where your heart feels happy and at peace? I think the definition can change at different stages of your life. But at every stage, I feel like it is so important to create a space that makes your heart smile. For me, that means a beautiful space filled with things that I have poured my heart into - whether it be artwork, photographs, good books, good food...whatever. It takes time and effort. But, after a long day at work I cannot wait to get home and feel at peace.

Here are some pieces that I created for my home. The inspiration came from other creative minds, and I have included the inspiration for these pieces below the images. These are projects that anyone can do with time and effort. And I can't tell you how wonderful the feeling is to look up on the wall and be able to say, "I did that!"

So, take these images as inspiration to create something of your own for your home. And take pride in your masterpiece (and its flaws). There is not another one in the whole world just like yours!









Glitter canvas , Starburst mirror, Scalloped wall art

No comments:

Post a Comment